Horizon2020 | Smart-BEEjS | Innovative Training Network MARIE SKŁODOWSKA-CURIE ACTIONS
Smart Value Generation by Building Efficiency and Energy Justice for Sustainable Living
Promoting The Local Fight Against Global Climate Change
The €4m scheme will see 15 PhD researchers recruited to work across the continent, exploring Positive Energy Districts (PEDs) from different perspectives and in different localities. Human-Centric Energy Districts: Smart Value Generation by Building Efficiency and Energy Justice for Sustainable Living’ is funded by Horizon 2020 Marie Skłodowska-Currie Actions. It complements the EU’s Strategic Energy Technology Plan which aims to establish “100 positive energy districts by 2025 (baseline 2015) and 80% of electricity consumption to be managed by consumers in 4 out of 5 households.
Smart-BEEjS is a consortium of 8 universities and research centres, supported by 16 non-academic entities, in the United Kingdom, Italy, Portugal, Austria, the Netherlands, Germany, Spain and Switzerland. Each of the 15 PhD researchers will be working towards a unique PhD degree, supported by a carefully chosen supervisory team that maximises both scientific excellence as well as interdisciplinary and inter-sectoral collaboration.
The project will train the 15 students using an innovative doctoral training programme that incorporates deep training in their individual subjects, with the ability to understand and engage with the needs of citizens and communities, the needs and opportunities available from scientists in different disciplines. In addition, they will have the opportunity to work through a collaborative research programme with those who produce the technologies necessary for PEDs, and work with the policymakers who can facilitate these new and exciting opportunities to generate new knowledge, influence and promote the development of PEDs.
Latest News and Events
- SMART BEEjs PhD Project, a human-centric approach to the design of Positive Living Districts for sustainable living. December 16, 2019
- Human-Centric Energy Districts: Smart Value Generation by Building Efficiency and Energy Justice for Sustainable Living October 14, 2019
- 3rd International Conference on Smart and Sustainable Planning for Cities and Regions 2019 (SSPCR 2019) June 6, 2019
- Horizon 2020: €4M Grant Awarded to NBS Researchers June 4, 2019
- Engage and create awareness especially among the younger generation. June 4, 2019