- Akhatova, A., Kranzl, L., Fouladvand, J. (2021). Conceptual Agent-based model of Neigbourhood-Level Building retrofits based on Energiesprong approach. In: The 1st IAEE Online Conference on 7th – 9th June 2021 (Online).
- Akhatova, A. and Kranzl, L. (2021). Agent-based model of net-zero integrated retrofitting of neighbourhoods. In: 12 Internationale Wirtschaftstagung an der TU Wien (IEWT2021) on 8-10 September (Online).
- Bottecchia, L. (2020). Promoting Positive Energy Districts through a spatial tool for policy makers within the SMART BEEjS project. In: 10thEuropean open mod workshop, 15-17 January 2020. Poster
- Bottecchia L., Gabaldón A., Castillo-Calzadilla T., Soutullo S., Ranjbar S., Eicker U. (2022) Fundamentals of Energy Modelling for Positive Energy Districts. In: Littlewood J.R., Howlett R.J., Jain L.C. (eds) Sustainability in Energy and Buildings 2021. Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies, vol 263. Springer, Singapore.DOI: 10.1007/978-981-16-6269-0_37
- Bruck, Axel (2020). Techno-Economic Analysis of positive energy districts In: III Congreso de Jóvenes Investigadores e Investigadoras de Canarias y el I Congreso Internacional de Jóvenes por la Investigación 2020. 26-27 November 2020.
- Bruck, Axel (2021). Electricity-only Positive Energy District analysis in climatically favoured regions and glimpse on multi-energy extension of the analysis. In: IEWT 2021 Das Energiesystem nach Corona: Irreversible Strukturänderungen – Wie?
- Bruck, Axel (2021). The Potential of Positive Energy Districts in The Energy Transition Across Europe. In: Energy, COVID, and Climate Change, 1st IAEE Online Conference, June 7-9, 2021
- Derkenbaeva, E., H. Vega, S., Hofstede, G.J., van Leeuwen, E. (2021). Positive Energy Districts: Mainstreaming Energy Transition in Urban Areas. ICEP-2021, Symposium: PEDs: their set-up and governance to stimulate behaviour change. Conference presentation, 5-8 October, 2021.
- for policy makers within the SMART BEEjS project. In: 10th European open mod workshop, 15-17 January 2020. Poster
- Hearn, Adam. 2021. PED creation in Spain and community energy initiatives; towards a just transition ICEP-2021, Symposium: PEDs: their set-up and governance to stimulate behaviour change. Conference presentation, Syracuse, Sicily, Italy, October 5-8.
- Heinz, H., Galanakis, K., Bueno Vega, C. and Valero-Silva, N., 2020. Human-centric business models as an approach for financially viable positive energy districts. In: British Academy of Management (BAM) 2020 Conference. “Conference in The Cloud”, 2-4 September 2020.
- Heinz, Helen (2020). Egni Co-op -Can energy cooperative business models contribute to PEDs? In: III Congreso de Jóvenes Investigadores e Investigadoras de Canarias y el I Congreso Internacional de Jóvenes por la Investigación 2020. Poster. 26-27 November 2020.
- Lamonaca, L. (2021). In pursuit of inclusion in Positive Energy Districts: Analysis of the energy poverty policies in the EU energy policies. XVI PhD Meeting in Psychology – (Online Edition). 20th ‐21 May. ISCTE‐IUL, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Lamonaca, L. (2021). Inclusive Positive Energy Districts between sustainability and equality. Energy and Society Conference (online), 10‐12 February, University of Trento, Italy. 2021.
- Lamonaca, L. (2021). Does EU State Aid Rules to housing for retrofitting and for energy infrastructure increases energy poverty and changes environmental attitudes across the EU? Reflections and research gaps. International Conference on Environmental Psychology (ICEP). 5- 8 October 2021. Urban Center, Catania University, Syracuse, Italy.
- Lopez Dallara, M., Galanakis, K., Stathopoulou, E., Valero Silva, N. (2020) Business Models in Energy Communities: an analysis trough legal lenses, ISPIM-Virtual, Berlin, Germany, June 8-10 | conference-paper
- Mihailova, D. (2021). Preferences for configurations of Positive Energy Districts: Insights from a discrete choice experiment on Swiss households. In: Behave Conference (online), April 21-23
- Mihailova, D. (2021). Preferences for configurations of Positive Energy Districts: Insights from a discrete choice experiment on Swiss households. In: International Conference on Environment Psychology (ICEP), Syracuse, Sicily, Italy, October 5-8
- Nguyen, M.T., Batel, S. (2020) Energy citizenship in the making – How to make energy transition works for all? In: 11th International Sustainable Transition Conference, Vienna, Austria (online). August 20. Conference presentation.
- Nguyen, M.T., Batel, S. (2021) Governing energy citizenship in the era of neoliberal governmentality: A discourse analysis of Positive Energy District in Torres Vedras, Portugal. In: 5th Energy and Society Conference, Trento, Italy (online). February 12. Conference presentation.
- Bottecchia, L., Lubello, P., Zambelli, P., Carcasci, C. and Kranzl, L. 2021. The Potential of Simulating Energy Systems: The Multi Energy Systems Simulator Model. Energies, 14, 5724. https://doi.org/10.3390/en14185724
- Bruck, A., Ruano, S.D. and Auer, H. 2021. A Critical Perspective on Positive Energy Districts in Climatically Favoured Regions: An Open-Source Modelling Approach Disclosing Implications and Possibilities. Energies, vol. 14, no. 16, DOI: 3390/en14164864.
- Caballero, N. and Della Valle, N. 2021 Tackling Energy Poverty Through Behavioural Change: A Pilot Study on Social Comparison Interventions in Social Housing Districts Frontiers in Sustainable Cities; DOI: https://doi.org/10.3389/frsc.2020.601095
- Frondel, M., Marggraf, C., Sommer, S. and Vance, C. Reducing vehicle cold start emissions through carbon pricing: evidence from Germany. Environmental Research Letters 16 (3) DOI: 10.1088/1748-9326/abde06
- Derkenbaeva, E., H. Vega, S., Hofstede, G.J., van Leeuwen, E. 2021. Positive Energy Districts: Mainstreaming Energy Transition in Urban Areas. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol 153. DOI: 1016/j.rser.2021.111782.
- Hearn, A.X., Sohre, A. and Burger, P., 2021. Innovative but unjust? Analysing the opportunities and justice issues within positive energy districts in Europe. Energy Research & Social Science, 78, p.102127. DOI: 1016/j.erss.2021.102127
- Hearn, A.X. and Castaño-Rosa, R. 2021. Towards a just energy transition, barriers and opportunities for Positive Energy District creation in Spain. Sustainability, 13(16), 8698. DOI: 3390/su13168698
- Nguyen, M.T. and Batel, S. 2021. A Critical Framework to Develop Human-Centric Positive Energy Districts: Towards Justice, Inclusion, and Well-Being. Frontiers in Sustainable Cities. DOI: 10.3389/frsc.2021.691236
- Akhatova, A., Kranzl, L., Heendeniya, C.B. and Schipfer, F. (2021). Agent-based modelling of urban and district energy systems – A systematic literature review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. (Submitted: 20.09.2021; Status: With Editor)
- Mihailova, D., Schubert, I., Burger, P., Fritz, M. M. C. Exploring modes of sustainable value co-creation in renewable energy communities. Journal of Cleaner Production. (Status: With reviewers)
- Mihailova, D., Schubert, I., Martinez-Cruz, A. L., Hearn, A. X., Sohre, A. Preferences for configurations of Positive Energy Districts: Insights from a discrete choice experiment with Swiss households. Energy Policy. (Status: Under revision).
- Nguyen, M.T. and Batel, S. 2022. Politicising energy citizenship. Examining how neoliberal governmentality shapes political subjectivities in Positive Energy Districts. Environment and Planning C.
Smart-BEEjS Internal Newsletter
Latest Social Media Posts
We finalize by describing interactions between the different stages of policy design, suggesting that the design of policies needs to be a recurring process based on cooperation and comprising multiple discussions with the population. (3/3)Read More
These include adopting a systems thinking approach, carrying-out representative interviews, living labs to co-create solutions with citizens, and using modelling approaches that can give an idea of how policies impact environmental and social conditions in the district. (2/3)Read More
New report from our researchers: Evidence-based policy propositions to tackle energy poverty through PEDs (1/3) https://t.co/0adRuHPiCTRead More
RT @NicoBehavioural: 🎉Hot off the press! In our new paper with @ploteo we take an experimental approach to assess the effectiveness of boos…Read More
@SmartBEEjS side event happening now at @EURAC! A great speaker line-up -- all about #PositiveEnergyDistricts #SSPCR @EURACrenewablesRead More
RT @Axel0lexA: We published a paper to facilitate the comparability of districts for the creation of Positive Energy Districts to increase…Read More
RT @AtelierH2020: 😵Sharing learnings about sharing learnings. ✍In our newest #blog, @poelmarije from @HvA reflects on her experiences of…Read More
RT @AdamHearn14: Delighted that my single author paper is published: "Positive energy district (#PED)stakeholder perceptions + measures fo…Read More
RT @Enlit_Europe: Don't forget to sign up for today's webinar! Helen Heinz, PhD Researcher within @SmartBEEjS | @ITCCANARIAS will be on th…Read More
RT @Axel0lexA: My new paper on Positive Energy Districts is out! #positveenergydistrict #energymodelling @ITCCANARI…Read More
RT @sidsareen: Everything you need to know about Positive Energy Districts (PEDs) answered in ten questions about enabling 100 PEDs across…Read More
RT @NEWCOMERS_H2020: 📆 SAVE THE DATE 📆 We are joining @SocialRESeu , @CometsH2020 and @SONNET_energy to host a conference on "Putting peop…Read More
Last year we conducted interviews in 8 🇪🇺 regions on how the current energy system is perceived and how the future energy system could look like. Learn about the results in our newest report⚡️ #EnergyTransition https://t.co/qauvgBQS7PRead More
RT @solarthermal: We created a list on #EnergyCommunities: Would you follow it & spread the word by RT? @energy_m…Read More
RT @dashamihai: What do people want to see in Positive Energy Districts of the future? Read more in our newly published paper with @AdamHea…Read More
A full classroom today as the @SmartBEEjS project ESRs wrap up presentations on the status of their theses! Very interesting discussions throughout the day #PositiveEnergyDistricts #EnergyTransition https://t.co/XdK58xQkXaRead More
Looking forward to the #AMSConference next week!💻 https://t.co/TRlOQoMAH0Read More
RT @Eefchjen: Join us 16-18 feb.! When we organise the @AMS_institute Conference on “#Reinventing the #City”. With 60 paper presentation an…Read More
RT @sidsareen: Submit an abstract to our call on 'Making low-carbon places' in the Norwegian Journal of Geography:Read More
RT @dashamihai: Our paper "Exploring modes of sustainable value co-creation in renewable energy communities" with @IljanaSchubert, @Morgane…Read More
RT @Marilyn75019: @SmartBEEjS @InVentoLab @ecodes @goparity @Fratell_Sole @RightToEnergy @MarineCornelis @CA_Blakelock Pls spread the word…Read More
RT @JoaoPGouveia: To build a #JustTransition not FOR but WITH the people, we need to look deeper into the structural injustices that no ren…Read More
This week our @SmartBEEjS researchers are attending a Writing Retreat in Nice. They have been working on structuring their ideas into academic papers and receiving lots of feedback from the supervisory team 📝💻 https://t.co/rjTrejlskQRead More
@Eefchjen @GertJanHofstede Have a great trip back! Thank you for all your work and advice for our researchers 😊 @GertJanHofstedeRead More
RT @stefanbuzar: Join us for the launch of the #EnergyPoverty Dashboard – a new GIS-based tool to map & visualise issues of energy (in)just…Read More
RT @Eefchjen: Our paper is out! With Erkinai Derkenbaeva, Solmaria Halleck Vega and @GertJanHofstede we incorporate the #Doughnut view into…Read More
Some of our @SmartBEEjS researchers are presenting at the International Conference on Environmental Psychology this week #ICEP2021 https://t.co/M9jHN7UqBbRead More
@SmartBEEjS Lisbon researchers @AmyNguy18311483 and Luca Lamonaca participated in Lisbon’s Researchers’ Night. Lots of interest in our work around the #EnergyTransition! Check our leaflets, videos, and the other deliverables at https://t.co/qroejskPqRRead More
RT @BaselSrg: One of the researchers in our department produced this 2 minute video for the Marie Skłodowska-Curie European Researchers’ N…Read More
Read more here:Read More
Latest Instagram Posts